Dell Wyse Configuration Manager
Deploy configuration files quickly and automatically to cloud clients, without re-imaging.
Save time and hassle by automatically deploying configuration files to Windows Embedded devices at user login with Dell Wyse Configuration Manager (WCM). WCM is an innovative self-configuring client technology for the cloud and Dell Wyse-enhanced Windows Embedded virtual desktop environments. Capture configuration files from a pre-configured device or easily create new ones using a simple standalone GUI. No more creating custom images to update device settings. Create unique configurations rapidly, without re-imaging endpoints. With WCM appliance mode, you can even configure Windows Embedded thin clients as “locked down” generic, single-purpose endpoints such as a kiosk, for example. WCM makes it easy to add new Windows Embedded thin clients, including Windows Embedded 8 Standard thin clients, to any network of any size.
Dell Wyse WCM 1.3 is now available!
- Adds support for Windows Embedded 8 Standard (WE8S) thin clients from Dell Wyse
- Generic Appliance Mode to run any locally installed application in “locked down” single purpose appliance mode
- Support for configuring Quest vWorkspace clients on thin clients
- See release notes for complete details.
- Dell Wyse cloud client device management
The Dell Wyse portfolio of intelligent management software provides the broadest range of client management capabilities.
- Dell cloud client computing.
Any user. Any app. Any device. Enable any user to access any app from any device – from the desktop to the data center, or from their hand-held device to the cloud.
- Dell Wyse Configuration Manager
An innovative self-configuring client technology for Windows Embedded virtual desktop environments in a stand-alone application and service.
- Administrators Guide, Dell Wyse Configuration Manager
Dell Wyse Configuration Manager™ provides a simple solution to create and apply configuration files to Dell Wyse thin clients running Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7.