Dell Wyse WSM
Powerful desktop and application virtualization, along with server provisioning that’s secure, cost-effective, reliable and easy to manage for your campus and the enterprise
Dell Wyse WSM delivers a secure, easily managed and consistent Windows experience at a fraction of the cost of managing and maintaining traditional PCs. With Dell Wyse WSM, IT costs drop sharply, users are much more productive, and migrating to Windows 7 is fast and easy.
With OS and applications executing locally on the client, WSM delivers full-PC performance for virtually any windows application – on demand – to diskless cloud desktops and traditional PCs. WSM also allows for server provisioning from a central location to one or many server platforms.
Central control and management enhances IT managers’ ability to secure and manage enterprise systems. OS images, server images, apps, and user data are centrally managed and secure on the server in the data center – never on end user devices. Ensuring superior compliance for your OS and apps is easy. Enterprise-wide software updates and patches are a snap.
Want to try a quick, affordable proof of concept?
Dell Wyse WSM is now available as a simple starter kit with everything you need to perform an evaluation in hours, not days.
- Secure: All OS images, server images, applications, and data are safely stored on the server – never on endpoint user devices
- Powerful: All WSM-provisioned applications run locally on each desktop to maximize performance. Apps and content are wiped clean from each desktop at log-off.
- Tamper-proof: Centrally managed distributed processing architecture ensures OS image and application compliance for all desktops
- Easy-to-maintain: 1-Click device recovery and clean-up, and centralized web-based administration with policy-based admin control
- Scalable: Distributed architecture with multiple server support easily extends across a campus or a global enterprise
- Highly available: Distributed architecture ensures desktops continue to work even on WAN failures
- Simple, fast, plug-and-play: WSM is now available as a starter kit that includes everything you need to perform a proof of concept in hours, not days.
Dell Wyse WSM Starter Kit at a glance
One simple, highly affordable solution
- Minimal up-front investment
- Everything you need to evaluate WSM for three users
- Extensible to 12 clients
Quick and easy proof of concept
- Connect, power on, and go
- Evaluate within hours, not days
Secure, centrally managed with WSM
- OS images, apps, and user data are centrally managed and safe on the server – never on user devices
- Wyse WSM server
- Dell Wyse
cloud PC clients
What’s in the box
Your server, networking, cables, and clients pre-configured and ready to go:
- Server - Dell Wyse WSM software on a Dell server
- Networking - DHCP enabled router/switch and cables
- Cloud PCs - Three D00D cloud PCs, one doubles as a reference device – each with keyboard and mouse
- Option 1 - With monitors (one for each client)
- Option 2 - Without monitors
- Software licenses - WSM licenses for cloud PCs*
- Services - One year Dell ProSupport for server, clients, and Dell software
* Microsoft volume licensing needed for post-evaluation production virtual desktops.
Download the executive brief
- Option 1: WSM Starter Kit with Dell monitors
P/N: 920391-03L (US, only)
- Option 2: WSM Starter kit without Dell monitors
P/N: 920391-02L (US, only)
- Dell Wyse WSM for Business
The power of a PC without the complexity. Low-cost, scalable and smart for business.
- Dell Wyse WSM for Education
Powerful PC computing that’s secure, reliable and manageable.
WSM Starter Kit
- Dell Wyse WSM Starter Kit Executive Overview
Simple, fast, plug-and-play desktop and application virtualization proof of concept.
- Dell cloud client computing.
Any user. Any app. Any device. Enable any user to access any app from any device – from the desktop to the data center, or from their hand-held device to the cloud.
- Dell Wyse WSM for business
Powerful, cost-effective desktop virtualization for businesses of all sizes.
- Dell Wyse WSM for education
Powerful desktop virtualization that’s secure, cost-effective, reliable and easy to manage.
- Franklin McKinley School District
Wyse cloud clients transform technology and learning at Bridges Academy, a school in the Franklin-McKinley School District in San Jose, CA.
- Loveland Public Library
Loveland Public Library gets benefits of virtualization the easy way with WSM.
- St. Monica School
Saint Monica School gets ‘Cool’ state-of-the-art computing and reduced carbon footprint with Wyse cloud PCs.
- SUNY Orange Community College
SUNY Orange cuts cost of delivering high-quality education with revolutionary Wyse cloud PCs.
- Dell Wyse WSM overview
Powerful desktop virtualization that's secure, cost-effective, reliable and easy to manage for your campus and the enterprise.
- Wyse WSM Reference Architecture and Configuration Guide
Discover a virtualization solution that helps reduce storage space and save IT time and cost to deliver and maintain it throughout your enterprise.
- Wyse's New Cloud PC, EdTech Magazine
The flagship Z00D cloud PC is a full-blown, dual-core virtualized cloud PC. When coupled with a Dell Wyse Reference device and WSM server management software, it can capably deliver computing power to end users and scale via additional servers.
- Dell Wyse cloud PCs
With the full power of a high-end PC and the security of server-based content and data storage, Dell Wyse cloud PCs offer all the familiar benefits of PC computing with none of the shortcomings. It’s the PC that’s not a PC!
- Dell Wyse WSM offers turnkey virtualization deployment
As IT managers take the journey from traditional PCs to desktop virtualization, Dell Wyse WSM will turn a bumpy road into a smooth transition.
- Dell Wyse WSM 5 Provides Organizations with Budget-Friendly Desktop Virtualization Solutions
Get the performance of a PC with the security and ease of management benefits of desktop virtualization.