- Dell DVS Enterprise - Active System 800 for VDI workloads help customers maximize productivity, increase operational efficiency and optimize system management
- First Dell pre-integrated VDI workload available with VMware® Horizon View™ 5.2, a part of the recently announced VMware Horizon Suite, adding to the comprehensive Dell and VMware solution portfolio
- Dell and VMware continue to invest in mid-market focused end-user computing solutions and resources for the channel
On the heels of its announcement to help customers deploy workloads with confidence, Dell with VMware today unveiled a pre-integrated system specifically designed for VMware-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) workloads, the Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View 5.2. According to a recent study conducted by the Enterprise Strategy Group, one-third of midmarket and enterprise organizations surveyed currently have some form of desktop virtualization technology deployed, and of these users, more than half leverage VDI. To help channel partners meet the customer demand for VDI workloads, Dell will use Active System as the foundation for its Desktop Virtualization Solutions (DVS) portfolio to enable organizations to rapidly deploy and provision VDI workloads and improve efficiencies through resource optimization and heightened security.
Delivering desktop virtualization via converged infrastructure
Dell DVS Enterprise - Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View 5.2 combines Dell server, storage, networking, thin clients and infrastructure management software into a pre-integrated system to provide general purpose virtualized resource pools for virtual desktops. In addition, a full suite of consulting, deployment and support services are available to ease integration and ensure robust operation of the system once deployed.
With organic innovation and expertise gained through the Gale Technologies acquisition, Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View can streamline administration and improve performance of virtual environments, increase user productivity, and reduce the costs of running virtual workloads, all while allowing increased flexibility in the deployment of desktop virtualization.
A key component and differentiator of the intuitive and comprehensive solution is the integrated Dell Active System Manager 7.0, designed to extend the management capabilities of Active System beyond the physical infrastructure to the virtualized infrastructure and workloads. The solution also integrates simplified chassis networking and modular infrastructure to enable organizations to:
- Rapidly respond to dynamic business demands with template based infrastructure and workload provisioning and pre-integrated platform options
- Simplify the complex matrix of technologies required to deploy virtual desktops to support a dynamic virtual workforce
- Accelerate time-to-value by simplifying deployment and management for desktop virtualization and initiatives
- Maximize efficiency with centralized management, modular power-efficient infrastructure, and a converged fabric
- Improve IT service quality with automated deployment, integration, and management models
- Drive efficiency and lower risk with pre-engineered, reliable infrastructure to reduce deployment time and costs
Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View is the latest addition to the growing portfolio of purpose-built VDI solutions developed jointly by Dell and VMware. Other offerings include Dell – VMware AlwaysOn Desktop and Dell – VMware Mobile Secure Desktop reference architectures, now updated with Active System 800 and Horizon View 5.2, and Dell Wyse P25 and P45 zero clients designed for VMware View.
Investing in the success of Dell and VMware Channel Partners
Dell and VMware are committed to creating new joint initiatives, targeted rewards and tools focused on the Dell PartnerDirect and VMware solution providers who sell joint Dell–VMware desktop virtualization solutions. Examples include:
- End-to-end solution reference architecture to accelerate configuring and ordering: aimed at helping channel partners streamline processes for configuring, ordering, deploying and supporting Dell and VMware solutions for desktop virtualization powered by the Dell Active System 800 converged infrastructure and VMware Horizon View 5.2.
- Dell Cloud Client Computing Solution Advisor Tool: guides and automates configuring and quoting Dell Cloud Client Computing and VMware solutions for desktop virtualization. This tool configures a customized, end-to-end desktop virtualization solution for 50 to 50,000 users, with the right servers, storage, software, networking, cables, thin clients and services for cloud client computing environments.
- Dell PartnerDirect Desktop Virtualization Solutions Competency: align Dell’s channel partner’s sales, business and technical requirements with training and resources to ensure that they get the highest level of Dell support and take advantage of discounts, deal registration, and incentive programs.
In addition to Dell PartnerDirect, Dell channel partners will also be able to procure solutions through their regular distribution channels, and VMware components can count toward VMware Partner Network program quota, incentives and promotions Solution Providers can purchase end-to-end Dell solutions that include VMware solutions directly from Dell, and still have the benefits of the VMware Partner Network program
“By collaborating with Dell, we’re able to utilize our joint expertise and resources to provide end-to-end Dell and VMware desktop virtualization solutions to our customers,” said Jason Myers, Regional Director - Southwest Region, FusionStorm. “The desktop virtualization competency and other incentives that are offered through Dell PartnerDirect have enabled us to be successful and set us apart in the marketplace. We look forward to the additional Dell and VMware resources and solutions that help our mid-market customers simplify and accelerate their desktop virtualization deployments.”
“Dell and VMware have intensified our strategic partnership for end-to-end computing,” said Maryam Alexandrian, executive director of worldwide sales, channels and field marketing, Dell Cloud Client Computing. “Together we are deepening our engagement with our channel partners, accelerating our joint engineering and solution collaboration, and investing in go-to-market initiatives to address opportunities in the mid-market.”
“VMware and Dell’s strategic alliance continues to expand, as we both share a vision of providing innovative end-user computing solutions to our customers of various sizes,” said Toni Adams, vice president, Global Partner and Alliances Marketing, VMware. “The Dell DVS Enterprise Active System 800 with VMware® Horizon View™ 5.2 demonstrates how we’re introducing solutions that can help organizations gain greater agility, efficiency and service quality out of their IT infrastructures.”
Dell DVS Enterprise – Active System 800 with VMware Horizon View will be available in the US in March 2013 and will roll out to the rest of the world beginning Summer 2013.
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2012 revenues of $4.61 billion, VMware has more than 480,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.